|Presence and Position Sensors from Prime Controls Co. Balluff Inc.
|Balluff Inc., founded in 1921, is one of the world's leading sensor manufacturers.
Balluff was one of the companies who invested in the development of the proximity switch and an original patent holder of that technology.
They now offer a wide range of sensors using various technologies.
The most common Balluff proximity sensors are in stock at Prime Controls Company for immediate delivery.
Inductive Proximity Sensors
PDF: catalog section (22 mb)
- sense metallic objects
- tubular 3 mm to 30 mm, block 5x5x25 mm to 80x92x40 mm
- sensing distances 0.8 mm to 120 mm
- many specialty sensors: high temp, weld immune, steel face, stainless, etc.
Capacitive Proximity Sensors
PDF: catalog (13 mb)
- non-metallic and metallic materials
- can sense smaller parts than inductive sensors
- 8 mm to 50 mm, sensing distances 1.5 mm to 30 mm
- DC 3-wire and AC/DC 2-wire
PDF: catalog section (12 mb)
- thru beam, retroreflective, polarized, diffuse, laser
- distance measurement, background suppression, fixed focus
- color mark, full color, luminescence
- tubular, block, slot, grid, window, heavy duty, miniature, fiber optics
Linear Position Transducers, Magnetostrictive
PDF: catalog (17 mb)
- highly accurate, analog or pulse outputs
- lengths 1" to 300" (model dependent)
- many packages: rod, profile, low-profile, tube, plunger
- rugged and explosion-proof models available
Linear Position Sensors, Magneto-inductive
- short distance linear sensing
- output 0-10V and 4-20mA, connect to either
- 2" and 6" measuring ranges
- easy to mount and use
Cylinder and Valve Sensors
PDF: catalog section (4.6 mb)
- monitor pneumatic cylinders to endure full travel
- senses magnet in piston through aluminum walls
- styles and brackets for all major valve manufacturers
- e-mail your cylinder part number, we'll find the right units
- object detection, distance measurement, level sensing
- ranges 25-250 mm (1-10") to 600-6000 mm (2-20')
- transmitter (0-10V or 4-20mA) and/or switch (PNP or NPN)
- fixed or adjustable models, teach by remote, button or magnet
PDF: catalog section (3 mb)
- mounting accessories like you've never seen!
- brackets, blocks, clamps, holders, rails, rods
- optical reflectors, apertures, lenses, caps
- sensor testers, signal conditioning, panel displays